- Mike Reiss offers some thoughts on the Patriots’ 2022 schedule. Biggest takeaway: Four straight prime-time games from Nov. 24 to Dec. 18 — three on the road and one against the defending AFC East champion Bills — shows that the national intrigue surrounding the Patriots remains strong.
- Zack Cox gives us the dates and times for all 17 games.
- Alex Barth gives us 7 takeaways from the Patriots’ schedule release. 1. Backloaded divisional games.
- Zack Cox offers nine thoughts on the Pats’ schedule. 1. Talk about a less-than-ideal opener.
- Evan Lazar gives us his instant-analysis of the Patriots’ 2022 regular season schedule.
- Mike D’Abate (Patriots Country) Patriots 2022 schedule: Most anticipated non-divisional matchups.
- Andrew Callahan breaks down every regular-season matchup from Green Bay to the Raiders.
- Sean T. McGuire picks his 12 best games of the 2022-23 season. Week 15 Patriots at Raiders included.
- Dakota Randall says New England will spend Thanksgiving in Minnesota this year, marking the first time the Patriots have played on Thanksgiving since 2012, when Mark Sanchez submitted the Butt Fumble into the annals of NFL history.
- Mike D’Abate (Patriots Country) How many games will New England win in 2022: An analytical prediction.
- Bri Amaranthus (Patriots Country) Reunion game: Raiders coach Josh McDaniels vs. Patriots. Mark your calendars!
- Dakota Randall notes the first Patriots-Josh McDaniels reunion will happen in preseason this year.
- Karen Guregian says the Patriots can thank Mac Jones for the team’s prime-time resurgence.
- Karen Guregian notes Jalen Mills says the Patriots have a ‘totally different energy’ for the upcoming season.
- Mike D’Abate (Patriots Country) Patriots CB Jalen Mills: ‘Competition brings out the best’.
- Clare Cooper (PatsPropaganda) Addition by subtraction? A Pats recap. “Is it the players who have left that’s of more significance?”
- Tom E. Curran identifies ten Patriots who have the most heat on them in 2022. 1. Cole Strange.
- Phil Perry looks at whether the Pats’ veteran pass-catchers will really make big Year 2 jumps.
- Mike D’Abate (Patriots Country) Resetting Mac Jones & Patriots depth chart after Jarrett Stidham trade.
- Zack Cox addresses this week’s Patriots Mailbag: Can Jonnu Smith rebound in second Pats season? Plus: Two surprise cut candidates.
- Mark Morse (PatsFans) 2022 Patriots UDFA class, draft notebook, thoughts on Bill O’Brien, and the Jarrett Stidham trade.
- Ian Logue (PatsFans) Stidham’s departure ends a tough run for the former Patriots QB.
- Jason Ounpraseuth shows us Trent Brown throwing the first pitch for the WooSox.
- Mike D’Abate (Patriots Country) Patriots Hall-of-Famer Gino Cappelletti passes away at 89. Cappelletti was a mainstay in the Patriots organization, having been a member of the initial Boston Patriots roster in 1960.
- Shanna McCarriston (CBS Sports) Patriots, Raiders trade grades: Jarrett Stidham reuniting with Josh McDaniels in Vegas a win-win situation. Patriots: A, Raiders: B+, Stidham: A-.
- Albert Breer (SI) GamePlan: How the NFL built (and rebuilt) the 2022 schedule.
- Jimmy Traina (SI) Analyzing each network’s prime-time games. NBC’s Sunday Night Football once again has the best overall slate, but ESPN’s new booth has its best schedule in ages. Amazon Prime’s Thursday schedule has some clunkers.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo! Sports) Breaking down every week’s prime time and holiday games.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) NFL win total predictions for 2022: Reporters make over/under picks for all 32 teams.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) 2022 NFL schedule release: Patriots prime-time overkill, bumpy start for Cowboys and easy ride for Trey Lance
- NFL Nation (ESPN) 2022 NFL schedule: Predictions, analysis and revenge games for all 32 teams.
- Jeremy Fowler (ESPN) Week 1: Buffalo Bills at Los Angeles Rams to open 2022 season; Broncos at Seahawks on Monday Night Football.
- Conor Orr (SI) Ranking the top 10 games: This year’s slate features some revenge games, matchups and homecomings for a slew of stars who have changed teams this offseason. Plus a healthy dose of the Packers, Buccaneers and Rams. 10. Week 16: Bengals at Patriots.
- Frank Schwab (Yahoo! Sports) The 10 games you don’t want to miss this season. /No Pats cuz that’s every game.
- Jared Dubin (CBS Sports) Best game each week, from Bills-Rams opener to Tom Brady vs. Rodgers, Mahomes back-to-back.
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) 2022 NFL schedule winners and losers. No Pats.
- Jeff Kerr (CBS Sports) 2022 NFL ‘Monday Night Football’ schedule.
- Bryan DeArdo (CBS Sports) 2022 NFL ‘Thursday Night Football’ schedule: A complete look at this year’s Thursday night games.
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) Broncos’ Jerry Jeudy arrested in Colorado, charged with criminal tampering in domestic violence case
Patriots’ three preseason opponents are set, dates are still TBD
The NFL announced the New England Patriots’ 2022 schedule with times and dates for every week until the final game of the season. And though those times are subject to change — based upon the NFL’s flexible broadcast schedule — it’s a big moment to see exactly how the schedule will lay out.
The less ceremonious part of the schedule release is the layout of the preseason. So far, we don’t actually have the times or dates — just the list of opponents. But it’s an interesting list. New England has its annual appointment with the New York Giants — an ongoing tradition. Earlier this offseason, coach Matt Rhule confirmed the Patriots and Carolina Panthers would conduct joint practices and play each other in the preseason.
|Preseason Week 1
||New York Giants
|Preseason Week 2
|Preseason Week 3
||at Las Vegas Raiders
And it also makes perfect sense that the Patriots would match up against the Las Vegas Raiders, with coach Josh McDaniels taking over the team for his first season. The one oddity is that the Patriots and Raiders play during the season — so teams are sometimes cagey against teams they’ll actually face. But perhaps there is already so much familiarity between the teams that they figure it won’t make much of a difference.
But that will make for two sets of joint practices in the final weeks of training camp.